Personalised Arsenal Football Book
Enjoy a Newspaper History of the Gunners
Arsenal FC was formed in 1886 and it has since become one of the most accomplished and entertaining football clubs in the world. The Gunners have won numerous First Division titles and boast an impressive tally of over twenty major honours. Arsenal FC has also enjoyed Champions League success, impressing European fans with their attractive brand of football. In an era dominated by huge spending, legendary coach Arsene Wenger has built his modern side by developing young talent rather than relying upon the signing of expensive stars. This perhaps makes the club’s consistent challenge for trophies all the more impressive.
Personalised Arsenal Football Books - Inspired Gifts
An Arsenal Football Book can be an inspired present for a Gunners fan. It is unique, smartly presented and filled with fascinating newspaper reports on the history of the club. Being able to personalise this Arsenal Football Book makes the gift even more special and shows the thought that has gone into buying it. The present will also prove to be a fascinating addition to a fan’s Arsenal memorabilia collection.
Arsenal Football Book Coverage
This Arsenal Football Book opens with the Gunners’ 2-1 win over Huddersfield in the 1930 FA Cup final, including a dramatic front page headline showing a Zeppelin floating over Wembley during the match. It goes on to cover many of the great games through the decades of the 20th century as well as more recent seasons.
Some of the memorable stories in these Arsenal Football Books include beating Chelsea in 1933 to win the League. Arsenal would secure the title again and again - including three consecutive years in the 1930s and a record 7th time in 1953. In addition to league success, the Gift Book features Arsenal beating Spurs 6-0 in 1935 and winning the FA Cup in 1936. The Gunners won the Cup many other times over the next 70 years and achieved the league and Cup ‘double’ in 1971, 1998 and 2002. European games are covered in these terrific Arsenal Football Books, including the Gunners’ Cup Winners’ Cup win in 1994 and the European Cup Final in 1995. Our Gift Books also feature the signing of Bergkamp in 1995, Henry in 1999, the amazing 2004 season which they played through without losing a game, plus much, much more.
Newspaper coverage continues right up to the end of last season. This unique insight into Arsenal’s history makes these books truly memorable Arsenal gifts and a great addition to any collection of Arsenal memorabilia.
If you are collector of Arsenal memorabilia or looking for other Arsenal gifts, why not consider our Arsenal Calendar or Arsenal Diary? Each month features a newspaper headline on one of Arsenal’s key games. The presents can be personalised with the recipient’s name to make them even more special and both items make great gifts for Arsenal fans. Other Arsenal presents include Framed Reprints.
Finally - Did You Know?
- Arsenal FC was founded by a group of Scotsmen, who worked together at the Arsenal munitions factory in Woolwich. The team was originally referred to as “Dial Square".
- The Gunners won their first league title in 1931. Players such as Jack Lambert, David Jack and Cliff Bastin were then the stars of the side. 127 goals were scored throughout the successful season.
- 2004 was the year of “The Invincibles". Out of forty-nine league matches, Arsenal won thirty-six games and drew the remaining thirteen. The club therefore became only the second team to remain undefeated in a league season. Preston North End had achieved this feat in 1889, but had only been required to play twenty-two matches.
- In 2005, Arsenal became the first side from London to reach the European Cup Final. The Gunners faced FC Barcelona, but eventually lost 2-1.
- David O’Leary has made the most appearances for Arsenal, having played in 722 first team matches. Thierry Henry is the club’s top goal scorer with 226 goals.