Enjoy a Newspaper History of the Bhoys
Celtic FC was founded by Brother Walfrid at St Mary's Church Hall in 1887. The Bhoys won the Scottish Cup in Celtic's first full season. The club has since gone on to win over ninety major titles, including more than forty domestic league championships and the European Cup. Celtic came up against Rangers in the club's first official match back in 1888. The Bhoys won the game 5-2 and the two clubs from Glasgow, known collectively as the “Old Firm", have dominated Scottish football ever since. The rivalry the clubs share is one of the most famous contests in world football and both teams continue to contest domestic competitions closely. Celtic enjoyed much European success in the 1960s and 1970s, winning the European Cup in 1967. The Bhoys also contested the final of the UEFA Cup in 2003, and reached the round of sixteen in the UEFA Champions League for the first time in 2007.
Personalised Celtic Football Books - Inspired Gifts
A Celtic Gift Book can be an inspired present for a fan of the Bhoys. It is unique, smartly presented and filled with fascinating newspaper reports on the history of the club. Being able to personalise this Celtic Football Book makes the gift even more special and shows the thought that has gone into buying it. The present will also prove to be a terrific addition to a supporter's Celtic memorabilia collection.
Celtic Football Book Coverage
This Celtic Football Book opens with Celtic's 5-0 win over Rangers in the 1925 Scottish Cup semi-final. It goes on to cover many of the great games through the decades of the 20th Century and the present era.
Memorable match reports in this Celtic Football Book include winning the Scottish Cup in 1925 and securing numerous Scottish Premier League titles. The Gift Book includes terrific coverage of the 1967 season, which stands out as one of the greatest years in Celtic's history. The Bhoys won the Scottish Cup, the League Cup and the League itself. Celtic of course also broke all records by becoming the first British club in history to win the coveted European Cup. You can relive that amazing European feat and the Celtic Books also revisit classic derby duels against Rangers. Read how Celtic beat the Gers to the League, Scottish Cup or League Cup on multiple occasions. All of this and much, much more is covered in these fascinating personalised Celtic Gift Books.
Newspaper coverage continues right up to the end of last season. This unique insight into Celtic's history makes these books truly memorable gifts and a great addition for a collector of Celtic memorabilia.
If you are a collector of Celtic memorabilia or looking for other Celtic gifts, why not consider our Celtic Calendar or Celtic Diary? Each month features a newspaper headline on one of the Bhoys' key games. The presents can be personalised with the recipient's name to make them even more special and both items make great gifts for Celtic fans. Other Celtic presents include Framed Newspaper Reprints.
Finally – Did You Know?
- Celtic FC was originally formed with the intention of raising funds for the Poor Children's Dinner Table Charity.
- Celtic won their first Scottish League title in 1893.
- In 1907, Celtic became the first ever team to win the League-Scottish Cup 'double'. They repeated the accomplishment in the following season.
- Celtic's European Cup winning side of 1967 won the BBC Sports Personality Team of the Year Award. They were the first sports team from Scotland to win the award.
- The Bhoys reached their second European Cup final in 1970. They had faced Leeds United in the semi-final and the home leg at Hampden Park was attended by a record 133,961 people.
- Billy McNeill was voted Celtic's greatest ever captain by fans of the club in 2002. Jimmy Johnstone won the award for best ever player, whilst Henrik Larsson was named the top foreign player.